Join the “Secular Europe Campaign” in the annual protest march in London and Kraków
In London: Saturday 14th September 2013
Assembly: 12:30 Temple Place (nearest tube: Temple)
Rally: 14:00-15:00 Richmond Terrace (opposite Downing Street)
The Secular Europe Campaign March and Rally has become an annual event to celebrate all we have achieved in Secularism, to demand more and to have a jolly good time with like minded people.
Please join us on the 6th annual March, this year organised by the Central London Humanists.
We march to be seen, to be heard, to support others that are struggling to achieve their basic human rights and to show that we are a growing force that will stand up for what we believe in and will challenge what is unbelievable.
We will meet in Temple Place at 12.30 for the March at 13.00
The Rally will then be held in Richmond Terrace opposite Downing Street.
Speakers to be announced later but please put this important date in your diary now. Please also add it to Facebook, tell friends and Tweet about it.
We will be using the hashtag #SECM2013
You can adapt this draft tweet if you wish.
Join the Secular Europe March 14th Sept. Be seen be heard be Secular! Separate church & State #SECM2013 http://tinyurl.com/SECM2013
Professor AC Grayling
Anne Marie Waters – One Law for All
Sue Cox – Survivors Voice
- Nina Sankari – Polish Rationalist Association
Nahla Mahmoud – Council of Ex Muslims
Bob Churchill – International Humanist & Ethical Union
Naomi Phillips Chair of Labour Humanists
Adam Knowles Chair of GALHA – LGBT Humanists
Rory Fenton AHS President
Charlie Klendjian Secretary of the Lawyer’s Secular Society
More speakers to be announced later.
There are many reasons to attend the March, here are a selection and please add your own to the list.
- Mainly we don’t have a Secular Europe.
- Religious discrimination against women.
- Relgious discrimination against GLBT people.
- The abuse of children by the clergy.
- Bishops in House of Lords.
- Religious institutions preying on the poor and vulnerable.
- The teaching of Creationism in Schools.
- Religious Schools full stop.
- Community services being run by religious organisations.
- The religious anti abortion lobby.
- Religious misinformation on contraception and AIDS.
- Religious influence on the BMA on the health care of others.
- Religiously motivated male circumcision.
- The right to die with dignity.
- The abuse of women and children falsely accused of witchcraft.
- The fleecing of their flock by prosperous gospel churches.
- Showing solidarity with the rest of the world where individuals and groups are struggling to achieve a Secular Society.
- Death threaths against Ex Muslims living in Europe.
- Sharia Law being practised in the UK
- Forced marriages in the UK
- Freedom of speech
- Freedom of Expression.
- We also march to celebrate success with Gay and Secular Marriage in the UK.
- And we march to show that we are proud and happy to live a Secular life.
Watch the clips below if you need more inspiration to attend:
- Sanduron’s video about the Secular Europe Campaign: http://www.youtube.com/watch?
- James McGuire’s video from last year: Secular Europe 2012 – YouTube
We hope you join us to make the 2013 Secular Europe March a great success.
In Kraków: Saturday 21st September 2013
March & Rally: Smocza Jama, Bulwar Czerwienski, Kraków 1.30pm – 4pm
We protest against:
- the privileged status of the churches under Article 17 of the TFEU (Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union)
- the privileged status of churches in countries where they are established
- the special status of the Vatican at the United Nations and its economic and political privileges across Europe
- state-funded religious schools
- freedom of religion, freedom of conscience and freedom of speech
- women’s equality and reproductive rights
- equal rights for LGBT people in all the European Union
- a secular Europe – democratic, peaceful, open and just, with no privilege for religious or belief organisations
- one law for all, no religious exemptions from the law
- state neutrality in matters of religion and belief
Would you like to share your ideas for nice chants and slogans? Visit our chants & slogans page!
To see pictures and audio from previous years’ editions of this annual event, please visit the: